**Source Audio File:** http://www.bhaisajya-guru.com/medicine-buddha-clinic/index.php?dir=2009-January-Ayurvedic-Consultations/&file=CLN301_V1P3K2_K3_Eczema-Asthma-Liver-Migraines-Anger-Yeast-Infection_11082008.mp3
* **Patient:** Female * **DOB:** 06/Jan/1981 (K) * **POB:** Columbia (P) * **TOB:** 06:00 am (V,K) * **Height:** 5' 3" (V,P) * **Weight:** 49 Kg (V,P) * **As 10 yr old:** medium (P) * [[Blood Type]]: O+ (P,K) * **Energy:** Very energetic, active, intense (P) * **Sleep:** Hot intense insomnia, planning causing insomnia (P) * **Emotions:** Irritable primarily (P) anxious secondarily (V) * **Memory:** Learn slow, Remember (K) * [[Blood Pressure]]: Normal * [[Cholesterol]]: Normal * [[Bowel Movement]]: 2-4 (P) loose, diarrhea every other day (P). Stool sinks and leaves traces (toxins, P [[ama]]) * [[Agni]]: [[Tikshna]], [[hypoglycemic]], very good appetite (P). [[Acid reflux]] (P). Nausea relieved by BM (P). Gassy, bloating, burping, farting (V). Wet farts (P). * Ama (tongue exam): OK, normal pink, no coating. Healthy tongue showing good digestive health. [[Pitta]] tongue. Check photograph of the tongue from [[http://www.bhaisajya-guru.com/medicine-buddha-clinic/index.php?dir=2009-January-Ayurvedic-Consultations/&file=CLN301_V3P1K2_V3.5K2.5_Chronic-Fatigue-Sinusitis-Constipation-Smoker-Yeast-Infection_20090112.jpg]] * **Nails:** Pinkish red nails (P) * **Pulse:** High and intense (P) pulse, Liver pulse little weak. * **Menstruation:** 11-13 yr (V), painful (V). Very regular menstruation (P), [[yeast infection]], white discharge (K) * **Headaches:** Behind/around eyeballs (P - Liver) * **Others:** Dry [[eczema]], sensitive to cold wind, does not remember dreams, sensitive to sound, dry skin (V). [[Asthma]], lethargy at times, good sense of humor (K). Bitter taste in mouth, theater - not afraid to be in front of a crowd, totally dark room to sleep - [[photo-phobic]], mouth sores (P), mosquito bites (P in blood). Itching nose/anus (parasitic quality).\\ \\
* **Diet:** The patient must follow a V-P diet, and Balancing Pitta handout. Adding 1 teaspoon of [[turmeric]] twice or three times a day to the meal is also good. To reduce [[Vata]] gas, bloating, burping, farting: * Chew your food very well * Don't do anything else while eating * Food combining (don't mix lactose with fructose, don't eat fruits with meals) * **Exercise:** Yoga is good to calm down V symptoms.
* **__7-Point Ayurvedic Morning-Meditation Mind-Training Health-Guidelines for Compassion-Wisdom-Equanimity:__** * **Herbal Oil:** Neem oil all over body (1 oz.) before bath. Bakuchi oil on bad eczema patches. * Take warm bath to allow all oils to be absorbed. * **Essential Oil:** Sandalwood (cooling) on Chakras (Crown, Third-Eye, Upper-Lip, Throat, Heart-Sternum, Belly Button, Tail Bone). Dilute with sunflower oil (for eczema). Also good is Vetivert oil (very cooling and helps the skin), also dilute if irritating. * **Pranayama:** Shitali Pranayama – sucking through teeth (cooling) * **Chanting Mantra (5 min):** Du Lu Du Lu Nan Su Shi Di Ja Li Sa Wa He. * **Observe breath (5 min):** Observe sensations without judgement. * **Contemplating/Meditation (5min):** To calm down and calm down V symptoms of anxiety and sensitivity to sound.\\ \\
//(skin, reproductive cycle, P mind, asthma, P+V formula)//
* 6 pts [[Guduchi]] ([[Tinospora cordifolia]]), V-P-K-, main herb, [[anti-inflammatory]], strengthens liver, helps with headaches behind the eyeballs, helps with skin. * 5 pts [[Neem]] ([[Azadirachta indica]]), V+P-K-, directly aimed at the skin * 4 pts [[Kysoor Guggulu]] ([[Commiphora mukul]]), V-P=K-, helps the skin, inflammation of the skin, [[psoriasis]] * 4 pts [[Manjistha]] ([[Rubia cordifolia]]), V=P-K-, blood purifier of excessive P * 4 pts [[Bakuchi]] ([[Psoralea corylifolia]]), helps the skin * 4 pts [[Shatavari]] ([[Asparagus racemosus]]), V-P-K-, good for acid belly and menstruation problems. * 4 pts [[Anantamula]] ([[Hemidesmus Indicus]]), for the skin and painful menstruation. * 3 pts [[Ashoka]] ([[Saraca indica]]) for painful menstruation and skin soothing especially for P * 3 pts [[Kutaja]] ([[Holarrhena antidysenterica]]) for dysentery, loose stool, parasites * 3 pts [[Chitrak]] ([[Plumbago zeylanica]]), V-P+K-, for the liver, skin, parasites, helps digestion * 3 pts [[Avipattikar]], for P [[tikshna]] agni, gas bloating, burping, farting * 3 pts [[Licorice]] – [[Yastimadhu]] ([[Glycyrrhiza glabra]]), V-P-K=, good for irritability, calms the mind, for memory, yeast infections * 3 pts [[Shankhapushpi]] ([[Evolvulus alsinoides]]), V-P-K-, for P anger, irritability, liver, behind eyes headaches, memory, insomnia * 2 pts [[Musta]] ([[Cyperus rotundus]]), V+P-K-, best digestive herb for P, P acid belly, V gas * 1 pt [[Katuka]]/[[Kutki]] ([[Picrorrhiza kurroa]]), V+P-K-, herb for liver\\ \\//(Main ingredients are Guduchi and Neem making it mainly a skin and liver formula)//
* [[Amalaki]] ([[Emblica officinalis]]): take 1/2 tsp (if stool is loose) or 1 tsp (if stool is normal) 30-60 mins before bedtime on an empty stomach. Amalaki is used to get rid of Pitta Ama and to purge the fire of the liver. * **Optional:** Boil 4 tsp of Neem in a large pot of water, and then add this Neem tea to the bath tub and soak for 20-30 mins till the skin turns prune-like. To be used once a week for eczema.