* **Patient:** Female * **DOB:** 31st Jan 1957 (K) * **POB:** Germany (K) * **TOB:** 06:25 am (K) * **As a 10 yr old:** Medium (P) * **Height:** 170 cm * **Weight:** 65 Kg (K) * **[[Blood Type:]]** A (V) * **Energy:** Steady (K) * **Sleep:** Good, balanced, healthy, sleeps well and easily (K),wakes up easily and refreshed (P), recent insomnia (V), if sleep a lot gets a feeling of "congestion" (K) * **Emotions:** Irritable, Angry primarily (P), Anxious secondarily (K) * **Memory:** learn fast and forget fast recently (V), used to have very good memory (P,K) * **[[BP]]**: Good * **[[Cholesterol:]]** High (P,K) * **Bowel Movement:** 1x or Constipation (V), floats (healthy) * **Agni:** [[Manda Agni]], square tongue, no nail moons (K) ([[Hypothyrodism]]). * **Mucus:** Clear (V), White (Kapha). Clear mucus indicates and increase in mucus but once it turns white it denotes congealed mucus. * **Nails:** No moons on the thumbs (low metabolism), longitudinal striations (V malabsorption) * **Ama (tongue exam):** Colon/Crack down the center (V disturbance + constipation), White [[ama]] at the back of the tongue. Check photograph of the tongue from [[http://www.bhaisajya-guru.com/medicine-buddha-clinic/index.php?dir=&file=CLN301_V1P3K2_V1.5P3.5_Psoriasis-Anger-Constipation-Osteoporosis_01112007.jpg]] * **Pulse:** Relaxed pulse (K), [[Vata]] in the Heart (which may be related to anxiety and insomnia, otherwise healthy pulse in the organs. * **Urination at night:** Yes, once or more. Urinary tract infection/burning sensation (P) * **Menstruation:** Irregular and scanty – twice or thrice a year (V) but not painful, 14-18 yr onset (K), Yeast infections (K), white discharge – [[Leucorrhea]] (K). No kids. * **Others:** Intense nature (P), spasms, cramps in leg (V), osteoporosis (V), numbness of knees (V), diagnosed with low [[adrenal]] energy (V disturbance), also diagnosed with low liver energy (high [[Pitta]] can suddenly stop and cause low liver agni, also [[Kapha]] can block up the liver), Pitta bone structure, burning eyes (P), gum bleeding/infection (P), had blood infection 25 years ago (P), prone to inflammations and psoriasis (P), had kidney stones 25 years ago (K).\\ \\
* There is age-related aggravation of Vata. The patient is 50 years old which the Vata age. * **Diet:** * The patient has to follow a P-K pacifying diet in general but has to eat seasonally and treat things locally. For instance, during Kapha season the patient must eat Kapha pacifying diet, and follow Pitta diet in hot summer. If she follows a Pitta diet in autumn/rainy season she will gain weight and increase mucus because Pitta diet is cooling and slows agni. Thus, it is important to always incorporate the season. In autumn the patient may follow a P-K diet because the season is Kapha. * It is good to be [[vegetarian]] or [[vegan]] (cut off dairy if vegan because of aggravated Kapha). Raw food is OK for Pittas or Kaphas but definitely not Vatas because raw food is full of [[Prana]]. * The patient drinks 12 8 oz cups of water daily because of the UTI. * **Exercise:** suitable exercises are those which are grounding and circular (swimming or yoga). * **Sleep:** The patient said that she oversleeps to cure diseases. The doctor explained to her that although this may work for some diseases, but it definitely will not work for Kapha diseases, it would aggravate them instead.\\ \\
//(Major concern is inflammations and psoriasis)//
* 5 pts [[Gokshura]] ([[Tribulus terrestris]]), V-P-K-, best herb kidney + bladder + Urinary Tract Infections. * 4 pts [[Shatavari]] ([[Asparagus racemosus]]), V-P-K-, 1st herb for P prakruti, for the reproductive organs, laxative, [[mucilaginous]] (assists stool), also [[rasayana]] * 3 pts [[Manjishtha]] ([[Rubia cordifolia]]), V=P-K-, to purify the blood and the liver * 3 pts [[Gokshuradi Guggulu]] (contains [[Gokshura]] – [[Tribulus terrestris]], and [[Guggulu]] – [[Commiphora mukul]]), V-P-K-, good for the kidneys, kidney stones, bladder, burning urination, and best herb for osteoporosis. * 3 pts [[Sitopaladi]],V-P-K-, for the lungs (P) and digestion (P) * 2 pts [[Mahasudarshan]], V+P-K-, good for the liver, lungs and P nature problems, using it instead of [[Neem]] because Neem causes constipation * 7 pts [[Brahmi]] ([[Centella asiatica]]), V-P-K-, good for P anger (the patient's emotions affect her body, thus needed to increase the does to balance the nerve/emotion side with the physical symptoms) * 4 pts [[Musta]] ([[Cyperus rotundus]]), V+P-K-, for the kidney/bladder pain and digestion, good for P-K person with high P to improve digestion with liver stagnation. * 3 pts [[Bala]] ([[Sida cordifolia]]), V-P-K=, used instead of [[Ashwaganda]] for V in the heart.\\ \\//Take 1 tsp of the above formula 3 times/day in a cup of hot water with 1 tsp of Khadira wine (herbal alcohol) as anupan (catalyst agent) to target the liver. To be taken before meals (to allow to go to the colon for absorption and also to cure the constipation).//
1 tsp steeped in a cup of hot water early morning on an empty stomach. If this does not help add 1 tsp at night on an empty stomach. Take 1/2 tsp once a day if stool becomes loose.
* Add 1 pt [[Neem]] + 1 pt [[Bakuchi]] + 1 pt [[Manjishtha]] to a gallon of water. Boil for 15 minutes. Add to bathing water. Soak for 15-20 mins (until skin becomes prune-like). Rinse off. Do for 2 wks. * After rinsing use herbal dusting powder (available from www.banyanbotanicals.com) instead of soap. The herbal dusting powder consists of chickpea powder mainly. Add Manjishtha + Neem + Bakuchi to the herbal dusting powder. * Dry the skin after the bath and oilate the skin lightly with 1 pt Neem oil in 2 pts sunflower oil (need to dilute the Neem oil which is made of sesame oil base and this aggravates Pitta). * Put Neem oil or Bakuchi oil directly on patches of psoriasis twice a day.\\ \\
* Always dilute essential oils in 3 pts of carrier oil (sunflower especially because it soothes Pitta) * Essential oils or Aromatherapy oils good for Pittas: Lavender, then Sandalwood, then Vetivert (Chus in Sanskrit)\\ \\
Swish Neem oil in mouth for 1-5 minutes every morning for mouth ulcers and inflammations.