**Source Audio File:** http://www.bhaisajya-guru.com/medicine-buddha-clinic/index.php?dir=&file=CLN301_V3P2K1_V4_Hair-Loss-Weight-Loss_Anxiety-Insomnia_Irregular-Menstruation_Interesting-Case_06042008.mp3
* **Patient:** Female * **DOB:** Jan 1981 (V) * **TOB:** 4:00 am (V) * **POB:** South India (V) * **Height:** 5' 1" * **Weight:** 94 lbs (V) * **As 10 yr old:** Skinny (V) * **Energy Level:** Poor, Fatigue (V) * **Sleep:** Insomnia (V) * **Emotions:** (1) Anxious (V), (2) Depressed, Lousy (K) * **Bowel Movement:** Once per day, borderline constipated(V). * **Agni:** [[Vishama]] (V). Eats at irregular times (V). Underweight (V) * **Nails:** No moons on the index and middle fingers (digestion is little off). * **Ama** (tongue exam): OK, normal pink, no coating. Crack down centre (Chronic [[Vata]] disturbance) * **Pulse:** Shows V-P pulse. Weak Liver pulse. Weak Kidney pulse. * **Headaches:** back of the head (V) * **Menstruation:** Irregular (V) [[Dysmenorrhea]] (V) 8-11 yr onset (P) * **Others:** Dizzy (V). Feels cold (V). Drinks 2 cups of wtare/day (V). Scary paranormal experience (V). Health concerns – hair loss due to aggravated (V)\\ \\
* **Sleep (mind/energy):** get enough sleep, it is the mother of all healing. * **Food (digestion):** eat Vata soothing diet * **Exercise (cardiovascular health/heart):** to generate heat, it should be graceful and circular, e.g. yoga, walking and swimming. * **Meditation (mind/heart):** 15 minutes twice a day, or 30 minutes once a day. * **Sex (heart/concern/lust)**\\ \\
- **Water:** Drink 8-12 cups of warm water, 3 cups upon awakening. - **Herbal Oil:** Apply warm Vata massage oil to body. - **Bath:** Take a warm shower/bath to allow the oil get absorbed in the body. Warm water is grounding for Vata. - **Light 25 minute Incense Stick:** * 5 minutes Yoga ([[Surya Namaskar]]) or any kind of other stretching exercise – this is not part of the 1/2 – 1 hour daily exercise. * 5 minutes [[Pranayama]] with [[Nasya]] if available. * 5 minutes chanting [["seed syllables"]]: **Shi Dan Do, Bo Da La** * 5 minutes Observing the Breath * 5 minutes contemplating: the qualities/attributes of your predominant imbalance (Vata in this case)\\ \\
* 0.5 lbs [[Ashwagandha]] ([[Withania somnifera]]), V-P=K-, best leading herbs for V [[prakruti]] and disturbances, such as [[chronic fatigue]] and insomnia * 0.5 lbs [[Dashamula]] (Ten roots), good herb for V imbalances, especially digestive\\ \\
//Take 1/2 tsp of the above formula in a cup of hot water with 1 tsp of raw uncooked honey and 1 tsp of ghee. To be taken for 1 month. After one month take 3/4 tsp of herbs, and the following month increase the dosage up to 1 tsp (gradual dose due to herbal sensitivity).//
1 tsp at bedtime on an empty stomach.
Apply on scalp (especially on areas of hair loss) and soles of the feet before going to sleep. Also put in ears and then put form-fitting ear-plugs (reduces ringing in the ears).
The following documents:
* **Ayurvedic Diet For Vata**, may be obtained from [[http://www.bhaisajya-guru.com/namo-amitabha-buddha/index.php?dir=&file=NUT108_Ayurvedic_Diet_for_Vata.doc]]
* **Daily Routine**, may be obtained from
* If Buddhist [[http://www.bhaisajya-guru.com/namo-amitabha-buddha/index.php?dir=&file=HIS108_Daily_Routine_Buddhist_Ayurveda.doc]] * If Hindu [[http://www.bhaisajya-guru.com/namo-amitabha-buddha/index.php?dir=&file=HUM108_SOC301_Daily_Routine_Hindu_Ayurveda.doc]] * If Christian [[http://www.bhaisajya-guru.com/namo-amitabha-buddha/index.php?dir=&file=HIS108_Daily_Routine_Christian_Ayurveda.doc]] * If Muslim [[http://www.bhaisajya-guru.com/namo-amitabha-buddha/index.php?dir=&file=HIS108_Daily_Routine_Ayurvedic_Muslim.doc]]
* **Meditation Guideline**, may be obtained from [[http://www.bhaisajya-guru.com/namo-amitabha-buddha/index.php?dir=&file=PSY301_Meditation_Guidelines_Buddhist-Vedic.doc]]