* **Patient:** Female * **DOB:** 24th August 1946 (P towards V) * **POB:** New Columbia, Indiana (P towards V) * **TOB:** 5:00 am (V) * **Height:** 5' 4" * **Weight:** 110 lbs (V) * **As a 10 year old:** Thin (V) * **Sleep:** Insomnia(V), wakes up at night between 2:00 and 3:00 am (V) * **Emotions:** Anxious (V) * [[BP]]: low (V) * **Bowel Movement:** Once a day, sometimes constipated sometimes loose (V) ([[Vishama agni]]) * **Agni:** Burping, gas, bloating (V), appetite is good, eats in small amounts, but has to eat every three hours, otherwise she feels irritable (this shows [[Vata]] pushing [[Pitta]] because she is showing symptoms of both [[doshas]]). * **Nails:** No moons (sluggish metabolism in a [[Vata]] way). * **Ama (tongue exam):** A little bit of squared off (chronic [[Vata]] style variable [[agni]] or [[Vishama agni]]). Tongue show depression in the heart area (Vata anxiety trauma in the heart area). There is a shaved patch on the tongue (shows exposure to parasites, such as [[Giardia]], patient said she had gone to India and tests she had showed numerous parasites). * **Pulse:** [[Vata]]/[[Pitta]] pulse, can make the pulse disappear (V disturbance), pulse also shows liver problems (patient said she has pain in the rib/chest area). * **Menstruation:** 11 years old (P), always been irregular (V) * **Health Concern:** Pain in ribs and gall bladder area, lack of sleep makes everything worse. She also has a rash in the breast which is increasing in size, red, dry, with streaks (she thinks its related to parasites). * **Others:** Racing heartbeat (V), dry skin (V), teeth problems (V), [[Vata]] style wrinkles, cold hands and feet (V), fatigue.\\ \\
* Patient had been following [[Vata]] soothing diet. She said that she had also started taking [[ginger]] and asked if it is good for her. The doctor said that it was good and she should not exceed 1 tsp 3 times a day, and preferably with some herbs to aid digestion. * Doctor recommended [[Hingvastak]] or [[Trikatu]] as a better alternative to ginger. Hingvastak is better than Trikatu for the patient. It includes [[black pepper]], [[pippali]], [[ginger]], pinch of salt, Indian wild celery seed known as [[Radhuni]] ([[Trachyspermum roxburghianum]]), black cumin seeds, white cumin seeds, a pinch of salt and many other herbs. It is good for getting rid of [[Vata]] digestive problems and kindling agni. * Daily body massage with [[Vata]] soothing oil is highly recommended for the patient to treat her dry skin and cure her aggravated Vata. It will soothe her nervousness, anxiousness, insomnia, will increase the oily and heavy quality which she lacks, and will help with her constipation and irregular digestion.\\ \\
* 5 pts [[Guduchi]] ([[Tinospora Cordifolia]]), V-P-K-, good for the liver and gall bladder, for the skin problems, and for [[Chronic Fatigue Syndrome]]. * 4 pts [[Kysoor Guggulu]] ([[Guduchi]]-[[Tinospora Cordifolia]], [[Guggulu]]-[[Commiphora mukul]]), good for her liver and gall bladder pain, skin problems, helps strengthen the bones and joints and prevent bone problems. * 4 pts [[Bhringaraj]] ([[Eclipta alba]]), V-P=K-, good for the liver, herb for the nervous system and promotes good energy and sleep, chronic fatigue. * 5 pts [[Jatamamsi]] ([[Nardostachys jatamamsi]]), V-P-K-, good for Vata anxiousness and insomnia, nervine herb that promotes health and good sleep. * 3 pts [[Brahmi]] ([[Centella asiatica]]), good for the liver, good for the memory, inflammations in the body, joint pains, and is detoxifying, especially good for Pitta. * 1/2 pt [[Hingvastak]] to treat her [[Vishama agni]].\\ \\
* Guduchi, Brahmi and Jatamamsi will treat the rash on the breast and other Pitta skin problems. The liver fire is flaring up and showing on the skin. * Guduchi, Jatamamsi and Bhringaraj are herbs that help the liver without aggravating Vata. Liver herbs are usually very bitter and the bitter taste aggravates Vata.//\\ \\ == BHUMI AMALAKI: ==
Take 1/2 tsp at bedtime (1/2 hr to 1 hr before bedtime) instead of Triphala (patient says that she was allergic to it, allergy may be due to her aggravated Vata). Due to the bitterness of Bhumi Amalaki the patient may mix it with Rapadura (evaporated sugarcane) or freeze-dried sugar cane. Bhumi Amalaki is a liver rejuvenative.
Bhringaraj is to be used for the rash instead of Neem which is cold and may aggravate her Vata (Neem is preferably used for Pitta patients). The Bhringaraj oil is to be applied on the active rash. It will also soothe her Vata.
* Contains sesame/olive oil base, [[Ashwagandha]] ([[Withania Somnifera]]), [[Bala]] ([[Sida Cordifolia]]), [[Shatavari]] ([[Asparagus racemosus]]), passion flower (regulates BP either way), [[Jatamamsi]] ([[Nardostachys jatamamsi]]) which is calming and helps with sleep, [[Bhringaraj]] ([[Eclipta alba]]) which helps with sleep and rejuvenates the liver, [[Yasthimadhu]] ([[Glycyrrhiza glabra]]) which gently raises the BP. * This is to be massaged onto the body in the morning and then followed by a bath. * May be ordered from www.BanyanBotanicals.com