(1054 - 1123)
1. Determined to accomplish
The highest welfare for all sentient beings,
Who surpass even a Wish-Fulfilling Jewel,
I shall hold them most dear at all times.
2. When in the company of others
I shall consider myself the lowest of all,
And with respect, from the depths of my heart,
I shall hold them to be supreme.
3. Vigilant, in all actions I will examine my mind
And whenever an affliction arises,
Endangering myself and others, I shall confront and avert it without delay.
4. I shall cherish those of bad nature,
As if I had found a precious treasure
That is difficult to find.
5. When out of envy others treat me badly,
With insults, slander, and the like,
I shall accept defeat
And offer the victory to them.
6. When someone I have benefited with great hope
I shall regard that person
As an excellent spiritual guide.
7. In brief, I shall offer to all without exception,
My help and happiness, both directly and indirectly,
And I shall take upon myself with love
All harms and sufferings of my mothers.
8. May this practice be unstained